Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Midwest Poker Classic Initial Results

I'm excited about the Midwest Poker Classic at Running Aces followed up by the Fall Poker Classic at Canterbury Park. The Monday night free rolls have two seats to the Main Event added.  So I played on the 11th and the 18th and finished 15th and 5th, respectively.  Of course neither of those was good enough for a seat, although I won a little cash.

I then  played in the Friday night $125 20% qualifier.  I got married to Kings and crippled myself, and didn't cash.  So I decided to play the $150 bounty tournament.  I got knocked out early without earning a single bounty

Next up was the Sunday $150 Deep Stack.  I was finally able to make a deep run.  I made it into the final two tables which is where the money bubble broke.  When about 18 people were left I made a huge blunder and got all in with sixes against a set of queens.  Luckily I went runner runner to get a straight and stay alive.  I then made it to the final table with a reasonable chip stack, but then I went completely card dead.   I ended getting all in with AK vs AK and AJ.  Of course a J came to take most of my chips away.  I went out shortly there after in 7th place for a cash of $411.  Needless to say I was disappointed given that first place was over $4,500.

I also played the Monday Night free roll, but busted out quickly.  I even managed to dump 10K in chips when I misread the board thinking I had a straight.

I'm enjoying the tournament series.  I wish I could play them all.

No comments: