Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Largest Career Downswing

Recently I've had over a $1,600 downswing while attempting my 3 Months $3,000 challenge.  I looked over my records and it is the largest downswing I've ever had in my live poker career.  $1,600 is eight buy-ins to my average $2-60 spread-limit hold'em game.  I've had a 12 buy-in downswing in my online play (although that was for smaller stakes).  I don't have very many downswings more than 3 or 4 buy-ins, so this is a major downswing for me.  But I don't think 8 buy-ins is too far out of the norm.  I'm just going to make sure I'm focused and prepared next time I play.  I'm ready for a comeback!

CLARIFICATION: The downswing I'm referring to is consecutive downswings without booking a win.  If you include intermediate wins, then my largest downswing is closer to 10 buy-ins.

3 comments:

Deckhole said...

Wow... your variance has been small if this is your largest down swing.

Poker Geek (John Somsky) said...

Yeah I haven't had a lot of swings in live poker. I've had a lot more swings online.

Poker Geek (John Somsky) said...

One more thing the downswings aren't measured from the "high water" mark but rather consecutive losses without booking a single win.